Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend Slides






















This past weekend Mum and I took a very very very long drive out to Western New York to do adventury things. We camped at Stony Brook State Park in Dansville, which turned out to be absolutely, jaw-droppingly amazing. It was sublime camping weather (70s in the day and high 40s in the night, just the way we like it!), and crazy amazing hiking down into Canyons and then high above them, looking down.
Then we drove about a half hour out to Letchworth State Park (aka "The Grand Canyon of the East") and our minds were blown once again. I absolutely love love love New York.
These photos were taken using a TtV (Through the Viewfinder) method, a Pentax K100D and a Kodak Brownie!

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely, lovely photos.
    And thank you for your kind words on my "Remembrance" post. I'm sorry for the lost of your sister. 2 years does just feel like 2 days. It's so weird. I'm always hesitant to post so openly about my feelings of my mother's death on my blog but comments from people like yourself really make it worth it.
    So thank you..... Thank you so very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I had a lot of fun exploring and taking them.
      I think I will probably do a sort of remembrance post myself, next week, you inspired me! My sister lived a full and beautiful life, and I'd like to try and capture that in a post. I'm glad you didn't hesitate to post your feelings!

      Delete